Tripadvisor Cert. of Excellence Switzerland's Best: Mountain Rail-Cars Trip to the Emosson Dam in Valais (Family Friendly) with VerticAlp EmossonRide the world's steepest double-decker funicular 2000 meters up with stunning views of Mont Blanc & the Emosson dam, and stop to trek if you want. 1h35 from Geneva, 1h20 from Lausanne
BuyClub.ch: VerticAlp Emosson Rail Cars
Switzerland's Best Views with this Award-Winning High-Altitude Attraction
Located in Valais (1h35 from Geneva, 1h20 from Lausanne), VerticAlp Emosson features 3 rides - 2 funiculars & 1 panoramic mini-train - that transport you up nearly 2000m to some of Switzerland's best views. The attraction won Tripadvisor's Certificate of Excellence and is among Switzerland’s Top 10 High-Altitude Attractions.
VerticAlp's 3 rides are:
- Châtelard Funicular: world's steepest double-decker cable car (max slope 87%) will take you up to 1825m at Montuires. Once there, you can trek, enjoy a meal at the VerticAlp Café, or let the kids have fun at the outdoor playground
- Panoramic Train: will take you in the winding mountain route through the forest and 5 tunnels, stopping at the foot of the Emosson Dam. With stunning views of the Mont Blanc and the Buqui gorge.
- Minifunic: climb the last 140m with this tiny cable to arrive at the picturesque Emosson Dam - Switzerland’s 2nd largest water reservoir, nearly 2000m high.
A return trip takes ca 2h if you don't do any activities / trekking / stops at any of the stations. We recommend stopping at the different stations to eat and hike around, and to count ca 4h for the day.
Choose after clicking "Buy":
Option 1: Return trip for either 1 adult with demi-tarif OR 1 child age 6-16:
20 CHF 12
Option 2: Return trip for 1 adult without demi-tarif:
40 CHF 24
- Each round trip includes all 3 rides (Châtelard funicular + panoramic train + minifunic)
- You can decide what activities you do (picnic, hiking, cycling, etc) & how much time you spend at each stop
- You can take your bike for an extra CHF 5 paid on location
Dates & Times
- The funiculars & mini-train operate 7/7
- The rides operate non-stop from 09h05 to 16h55, with slightly longer hours in the high season (Jun to mid-Sept)
- Some trips may be cancelled without notice due to weather conditions
Full prices for return tickets are:
- Adult without demi-tarif: CHF 40
- Adults with demi-tarif: CHF 20
- Kids 6-16: CHF 20
- Kids under 6: free
- Group pricing: see website