"Tai Chi has value in treating or preventing many health problems. And you can get started even if you aren't in top shape or the best of health"
- Harvard Medical School
Tai Chi: fun + ton of benefits
Tai Chi began in China centuries ago, as a way to combine techniques from martial arts and meditation practices. It involves performing a series of postures & movements in a flowing, continuous manner. The poses are not based on strength but rather on focus & precision, making Tai Chi ideal for all ages and skill levels.
Harvard Medical School says "Tai Chi could be the perfect activity for the rest of your life". Selected benefits:
- Burns calories & improves muscle strength
- Improves ballance
- Improves flexibility, and muscle control
- Improves immunity
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces anxiety & depression
- Improves sleep
For all levels:
The poses are easy to follow and there are usually about 15-20 people in the group so you can go as fast or as slow as you want, and you improve all the time.
Today's voucher gives you 3 classes, which have to be taken within a 4 month period. Each 2h15 class is split into 1 hour of Qui Gong, then a 15 min break, and then 1 hour of Tai Chi.
- Summer schedule (valid as long as the weather holds): Wed, Thurs & Fri from 19:30-21:45 at Parc Trembley
- Winter schedule (kicks in when it gets a bit colder):
- Mon 18:45-21:00 at Ecole Geisendorf Central (56 rue de Lyon) or at Parc Trembley if it's good weather
- Thurs 18:45-21:00 at Ecole Liotard (66 rue Liotard) or Parc Trembley if it's good weather
- You can mix & mach classes to fit your schedule and a reservation is mandatory for each class
Taught by President of GVA San Yuan Association
The classes are given by Rosetta, the president of the San Yuan Association in Geneva. Rosetta has over 20 years of experience teaching Tai Chi and Chi Kung and is super patient & kind. Rosetta does not speak fluent English but she has a number of international students, and speaks enough English to explain movements during the class.