Discover the Cuisine everyone is talking about
Peruvian food has become super popular lately, and once you taste it you'll understand why. The food includes influences from African, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese & Quechua cuisines, and the results are diverse & mouth watering. Fresh seafood & marinated meats are prevelant and chili peppers, limes, corn & sweet potatoes are used to create the colorful & intense flavors people can't stop talking about.
Authentic Peruvian cuisine by 5th generation Chef
The owner is a 5th generation Peruvian chef, and she takes pride in her heritage and in bringing the true flavors of Peru to the masses. She opened Rosa Morena with her husband a few months ago and the cozy restaurant is quickly gaining a great reputation. Some dishes we loved:
- Mini Ceviche - Cod fillets in lime juice, onions, cilantro, Peruvian peppers & sweet potatoes
- Papa a la huancaina - Potatoes w Peruvian chili sauce, cheese, milk, egg & black olives
- Chicharrones - Grilled pork stew w sweet potatoes & red onions in lemon
- Lomo Saltado - Beef tenderloins w red onions, tomatoes & fried basmati rice
- Bistek a lo pobre- Breaded steak w basmati rice, fried egg & banana
- Tiradito tres colores - Mini cod fillets in lemon & parsley sauce w red & green peppers
- Arroz de camarones chaufa - Fried rice w shrimp, egg, chives, parsley, pepper & soy sauce
Starter, Main & Desert of Your Choice
Today's offer is for a 'Discovery Menu' for 2 (CHF 59) or 4 (CHF 109) people, and each person can choose 1 starter, 1 main & 1 desert from the menu. This is a great way to taste a variety of dishes and we recommend choosing different dishes for each person and then sharing everything together.
Reviews for Rosa Morena:
Rosa Morena is pretty new so there aren't that many reviews yet, but the ones we found were all great.
“Before even tasting a dish, this critic was captivated by the warm, family friendly atmosphere. This Peruvian restaurant, which serves traditional and fusion, is already an address recognised by local residents, the Latino community and lovers of affordable world cuisine ... The mix of influences and the wide variety of ingredients make Peruvian cuisine particularly attractive for any gastronomic explorer.”
"The ceviche was just like it is in Peru!”